The Supreme Council is pleased to announce an expansion of the eligibility criteria for Abbott Scholarship awards. We hope you are pleased with these changes. See the details below.
Named for Leon M. Abbott, Sovereign Grand Commander from 1921 to 1932, the Abbott Scholarship Program provides financial support for the continuing undergraduate and graduate education of Scottish Rite Masons, young men and women from Scottish Rite families, and Masonic-related youth groups.
Eligibility: Those meeting any of the following criteria are eligible to apply for the 2018 Abbott Scholarship program for undergraduate studies:
- A Scottish Rite Mason of the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction
- A student directly related (bloodline or by legal means) to a Scottish Rite Mason in the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction
- A Scottish Rite Mason, or a member of a youth organization sponsored by the Masonic fraternity in the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction who is:
- A high school senior, a currently accepted at an accredited trade school who has attained a minimum grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- A high school senior, or undergraduate, or graduate student currently enrolled at an accredited college or university.
To apply, applicants should print the form, complete it, and mail it to the appropriate Valley secretary. Applicants should submit their application to the Valley of the sponsor of the applicant.
Click on link below for application